Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Upon installation turbotax 2023 is stuck in a loop on activation. This is a Win11 PC. I reinstalled turbotax twice but no change

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Upon installation turbotax 2023 is stuck in a loop on activation. This is a Win11 PC. I reinstalled turbotax twice but no change

1)  Check for a Windows 11 update. A waiting W11 update is known to block proper startup of TTX.  Reboot even if you don't find one. Then try again

or

2) Some folks have had issues with their browser being set to a high security setting.  In particular, the Brave browser has a high firewall setting that block some operations, even though you are not using the "Online" software.  Try lowering your browser security setting, turning down any antivirus setting, or switching you default browser to a different browser..

or

3) When running the installation file, rt-click on it and make sure you select "Run as Administrator"

or

4)   Call Customer Support  (they're going to be hammered the next 10 days):

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks for the advice, but none of the suggestions worked. I managed to resolve this problem by first uninstalling TurboTax 2023 then rebooting and reinstalling. When I reinstalled the program previously, I didn't reboot the PC and that made it work perfectly.

Thank you!

ifloyd1

What ended up working for me was to start it without my internet connected and then after it gives the "no internet connection" error I started the internet. Not sure why all of that was necessary and hope they will fix this bug soon! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies