Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Upgrade from Deluxe to Premier - How to get from Desktop to Laptop

I originally purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe CD and downloaded it. I realized with my mother's real estate being sold, I needed Turbo Tax Premier. I upgraded on my desktop, but I want to also have turbotax Premier on my laptop, How do I get the premier to transfer over to the laptop without having to pay another $30.00 for it.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I bought turbo tax deluxe from bestbuy, now I want to change upgrade premier. How can I pay to upgrade?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please see the following FAQ's:

Transferring Turbo Tax from one computer to another

Upgrading Turbo Tax software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rshigg89

I am using turbo tax deluxe and need to upgrade to turbo tax premier, but I can't seem to find a way to do it, I unfortunately

did not do the initial upgrade when prompted not realizing that I would need it crypto currency transactions

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you are using the desktop, you probably do not need to upgrade - you can enter crypto into Deluxe desktop.   If you want the extra guidance, you can upgrade.    But you can't import crypto into the desktop, no matter which version you have.   To upgrade in desktop, click on Help at the top, then choose Upgrade TurboTax.  

If you are using the Online Product, all you have to do is go to the Investments section and start entering your transactions - TurboTax will automatically force you to upgrade to Premier.   @rshigg89

Most of the crypto FAQs and help articles are written to a taxpayer using the Online product - but the only thing different is the ability to import.    The Crypto Info Center has all of the crypto related help.   You can ignore the import instructions when you see them - when using desktop, choose to enter your forms manually.   And you have to option to summarize your data just like you do in the Online Program.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies