turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is the TURBOTAX BUSINESS product for MAC?

TurboTax Business - Form 1041, 1065, 1120S - only available for Windows desktop
 [Windows/7 Windows/10 or newer versions when available.]

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

UPDATED DEC. 2018 from  January 2013:

Hey, Look guys/gals co-MAC users - I'm just a volunteer here so if you don't like the factual answer, your best choice is call Intuit or write and complain. Calling me names does nothing 

When Apple introduced Lion and eliminated the direct function calls in to the O/S, the TurboTax BUSINESS product ceased to be compatible.  They've never chosen to spend the funds on rewriting the product, nor have they made the product available online as an alternative.

Perhaps it is simply their assessment of the size of the market - MAC users.

So, the answer is NO MAC support for TurboTax Business.

BEST ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION.

TurboTax Business, when combined with a companion state-level business income tax form component for TurboTax costs somewhere around $120 (Target, Costco with coupon) plus state $60 (must from Intuit) - lowest total online $180.  So, today you can purchase a cheap new Windows/10 based pc solely for the purpose of running TurboTax Business now and next year and that notebook will cost less!

Search results in decent notebooks from $125 and up

==============================================================

The alternative is to run the Windows-based product in one or another form of emulation or in a virtual machine
    SEE BELOW FOR RUNNING VIRTUAL WINDOWS ON MAC.

Sorry for not being able to give a positive response.

For those who want to express their dissatisfaction with the situation, the place to file you complaint is directly with Intuit or in public media. 

•  Posting a rant here?  Well it's only other users here for the most part so a rant here may feel good but does nothing to move forward the production of a solution.

• if you are angry at Intuit for lack of MAC support, please go rant somewhere else because I'm no more than a user just like you!
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
suzy07

Does intuit have plans for producing a MAC version of their Business Advantage product?

The possibility of a MAC version arose when Intuit still owned Quicken and hired as a senior developer someone from Apple, specifically to improve Quicken for MAC.  Nothing was done to address TurboTax Business for MAC platform.  Then Intuit sold off Quicken which pretty much killed any future possibility of support.   I  doubt that anyone is going to change the current Intuit management to change their minds, customer complaints not withstanding.

Scruffy Curmudgeon - PFFM, IAFF, Locals 718 & 30, retired firefighter/medic; university faculty - NOT AN INTUIT EMPLOYEE

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

TurboTax Personal Desktop Version is Available for TurboTax 2021- click link for status, requirements, troubleshooting
@soadfhasodjf  @phoenixtaxes17   @Rob Jam   @heath_durbin   @ammlab2002   @bruano    @Anonymous   @maclib37 

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
PoorOne

I still can't believe Intuit has not developed a Mac Version of Turbo Tax Business.....  It's just ludicrous that I have to do my taxes on a Windows computer when my primary computer is a Mac....and I have a year or two doing taxes for the family trust I am not going to invest in a Windows computer....it's just cheaper to use another software product that runs on a Mac....so Intuit is losing business and reputation.  There must someone out there in their company that cares!!!! or maybe not!

@PoorOne wrote:

There must someone out there in their company that cares!!!! or maybe not!

I am sure they do care but, obviously, there is simply insufficient demand, which is absolutely clear by virtue of the fact that no other DIY income tax preparation software provider offers an installed product that will run on a Mac (I am not aware of any professional tax software that runs on a Mac either).

Turbo Tax just lost my business as well. Been with turbotax for years. 2022 filing season i need an additional Turbo Tax Business for Mac. But, found out that i can only order CD, without even knowing if this software will suit me or will work on Mac and takes 2 weeks to deliver. I am not gonna use a PC for my tax filing online. So, in net Turbo Tax lost, just not my regular filing but also an incoming business. Not a good excuse about, not providing Mac support.

@jimmieisb wrote:

Turbo Tax just lost my business as well. Been with turbotax for years. 2022 filing season i need an additional Turbo Tax Business for Mac. But, found out that i can only order CD, without even knowing if this software will suit me or will work on Mac.........

TurboTax Business will not run natively on a Mac nor will any software designed to prepare returns for business entities run natively on a Mac, professional or otherwise.

I understand the frustration, but there are really no alternative solutions.

TurboTax Federal Tax Year 2023 -MACINTOSH
Software Minimum System Requirements

Product download, installation, and activation requires an Intuit Account and internet connection.
Product limited to one account per license code. (NEW!)

NOTE: TurboTax Business is Windows Only

Mac Desktop Products
(Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business)
Operating Systems

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies