turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Biliboy57
Returning Member

unemployment refund not received, filed in Feb. got refund, still haven't gotten refund for unemployment, when can I expect to get it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AdamNe
Employee Tax Expert

unemployment refund not received, filed in Feb. got refund, still haven't gotten refund for unemployment, when can I expect to get it

Hi @Biliboy57 ,

The IRS has said that payments will continue "throughout the summer," which means that unless we hear something else, payments could continue through September 22nd.

Here is some information that may help you regarding payments for additional refund due:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-to-recalculate-taxes-on-unemployment-benefits-refunds-to-start-in-m...

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/am-i-eligible-for-the-new-unemployment-income-relief-49427...

As an aside, the reduction in taxable income did not result in additional refund due for all taxpayers. If you need help determining if you should be receiving extra funds, don't hesitate to reach out to our Live Help from your TurboTax home screen, or call (800) 446-8848! One of our agents can take a look at your return and help you determine how much you should be expecting to receive. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CharlesO
Employee Tax Expert

Hi Biliboy57,

The IRS is still processing the adjustments and sending out refunds. So it's impossible to say when. Here’s a link to the IRS article IRS Unemployment Adjustments 

Since everyone’s tax situation is different it you should log in to your Turbotax account to see if the change affected your taxes. Open your return (find the “add a state” button to open the return) to see if the refund amount has changed. The program adjusted your return automatically. If it is the same as when you filed the change may not have affected your taxes.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us to speak to an expert to go over your tax return by clicking on the live help link or giving us a call. You will need to be signed on to your account in order for the expert to properly assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies