turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gavinhess1
Returning Member

Unemployment amendment

I have already amending my return on TurboTax for 2020. When I submitted it with the new unemployment deduction it didn’t show the correct amount of return because I originally i my 2020 return mad a mistake and stated I only received $300 on first stimulus when I received $1200. So my amended return shows these numbers. I have no idea how to re amend my return when the TurboTax numbers are $900 off. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MelodyB
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

Unemployment amendment

Hi there!

That is a great question!  When you indicate an incorrect amount of stimulus the IRS will simply check their records to see what they actually paid you.  If they paid you an amount that is different than what you indicate on your return they will adjust your refund accordingly and there really isn't any action you need to take on your end.  This has happened to many taxpayers, it was confusing to many.

Melody B

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gavinhess1
Returning Member

Unemployment amendment

Your response didn’t fully answer my question. I already amended my return before the IRS started to send out refunds for the unemployment automatically. I had to to amend my 2019 AGI to get the higher EIC. So the IRS didn’t do anything with my return because I had already amended it it prior with both the correct AGI and the $10,200 deduction. I don’t know if this is making any sense? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies