Employee Tax & Finance Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hi there!


That is a great question!  When you indicate an incorrect amount of stimulus the IRS will simply check their records to see what they actually paid you.  If they paid you an amount that is different than what you indicate on your return they will adjust your refund accordingly and there really isn't any action you need to take on your end.  This has happened to many taxpayers, it was confusing to many.


Melody B

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"