Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Clarkeey

Unable to Download 1099 From Morgan Stanley Wealth Management

1099 is available on site but the 'Continue' button in Turbo Tax Premier (Mac app) to download is greyed out.  I've contacted MS and they believe site data and third party sharing are both enabled. Please advise how to download my data.  Thank you. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, try importing using a different browser.

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Clarkeey

Hi, Catina.

I am not using TurboTax online.  As noted in my query, I have the Mac version of TurboTax.  I have also searched the other messages regarding 1099 import and can find nothing that matches.  The "Continue" button is not active--at least it wasn't a few minutes ago.  

Thanks for your help.  

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you haven't done this already - Verify your partner:

Make sure you're selecting the correct partner in TurboTax. Some have similar-sounding names but are actually separate entities. For example, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, J.P. Morgan Funds, J.P. Morgan Private Bank, and J.P. Morgan Securities are all listed as TurboTax partners, and if you choose the wrong J.P. Morgan, you won't be able to import. Also, some entities may use a different name for investments. Be sure to check with your institution to determine what company their investments are being held under.

Once you've confirmed that your institution is a TurboTax 1099 partner, make sure you're using the proper sign-in credentials on the import page, and that you have a working internet connection. A wired connection, if available, may be more stable than wireless.

I have found that Chrome works better than Safari when using a Mac for some applications.

See this Apple forum thread. Other users reported they had some success adjusting settings in:

system preferences > Security & privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access ...

... to allow tax programs to read and write files anywhere.

If you need additional assistance, please click here for information to contact customer support. In the alternative, contact Apple support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies