Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Two brokerages inputed and 8949 questions

So, I uploaded two different brokerages (Robinhood/Webull) 1099s to Turbo Tax. I saw that Webull uploaded the 8949 transactions I had for 2022. When I did a review it had me enter "various" of the dates acquired for some of the securities I sold because I "Dollar Cost Averaged" into them. 

For the Webull (Apex) 1099 there is still two more things it is saying I need to review. One has this stated and is asking for the "date sold" And, really don't know what it means. Can anyone help?

"Form 1099-B Worksheet (Apex Clearing Corporation) -- Capital Asset Sales Wksht (1): Date Sold must be entered for PROPERTY NUMBER 50."

Also, it does not have me checking any of my Robinhood transactions so I am wondering if the 8949 transactions were inputted? 

I sold all my securities prior to the year being over that had wash sales and I was told my someone here that I don't need to worry about that because they are now realized losses and computed into my gains/losses correctly between both brokerages. Is that correct? It automatically calculated my short term gains and losses for both brokerages and I pretty much broke even on the year. Am I ok to file with this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

if you imported your consolidated 1099-B into your tax return,

your wash sales are itemized in detail on Form 8949, as required by the IRS.

Each transaction must show the actual Date Sold. so enter some date in 2022 after the Date Acquired.

It is the Box Category that controls the holding period so the reported Date Sold is not critical.

@PJhiker 

OK, I paid the Premium amount here and someone look over it and she said I am good to go.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies