Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax would not allow me to file tax returns. It says my local NJ UI/WF/SWF can not be more than $176,

But my W2 shows it is $349.36 and that is what shows in TurboTax when they imported this W2 into the system. I guess I over paid NJ state government. Bu what now? I have paid them for my state tax return, but TurboTax would not allow me to move forward.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

TurboTax would not allow me to file tax returns. It says my local NJ UI/WF/SWF can not be more than $176,

You must follow the NJ law on your tax return. Change the number to $175. See NJ Income Tax - Other Credits (UI/DI/FLI) - NJ.gov states:

You can take credit on your New Jersey tax return for any excess unemployment insurance (UI)/workforce development partnership fund (WF)/supplemental workforce fund (SWF) contributions, disability insurance (DI) contributions, and/or family leave insurance (FLI) contributions withheld by two or more employers. For 2023, the maximum employee contributions were:

• UI/WF/SWF — $174.68

You need to talk to your employer about a refund of the amount they wrongly withheld.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

You must follow the NJ law on your tax return. Change the number to $175. See NJ Income Tax - Other Credits (UI/DI/FLI) - NJ.gov states:

You can take credit on your New Jersey tax return for any excess unemployment insurance (UI)/workforce development partnership fund (WF)/supplemental workforce fund (SWF) contributions, disability insurance (DI) contributions, and/or family leave insurance (FLI) contributions withheld by two or more employers. For 2023, the maximum employee contributions were:

• UI/WF/SWF — $174.68

You need to talk to your employer about a refund of the amount they wrongly withheld.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you very much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies