Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax was ignoring me when I got an audit form New York State

I filed a tax return for 2023 with a "TurboTax Full Service", paying for the"TurboTax Full Service". The process was smooth and straightforward, and in the end, I also paid for the 2023 MAX Tax Audit Defense, thinking that it would help me if anything went wrong. But when I received a letter from the New York state Department of Taxation and Finance. that it was a mistake in my return and I owed additional money.

I called TurboTax 3 times.

After the first time, they told me that they were opening the case, but right after a call I got an email with "Your Turbo Case [phone number removed] is Closed". Nothing had happened.

The next day I called again, and they told me to upload a document, which I already did, and the agent would review it again, but an agent left me a voice message that he could not see any uploaded documents, because he does not have access to my documents anymore, and I have to call back turbo tax and ask to make an amendment to my tax return...

So I called the third time to TurboTax, and an assistant literally did not know how to do it, so I spent half an hour waiting for her to figure out how to do it, after this, I was redirected to another tax expert, who finally had access to my documents and was able to review the letter from the New York state Department of Taxation and Finance. After a quick review, he told me that he could not help me and redirected me to audit team expert. So on the line with an audit team expert I had to explain everything again (it was the fourth time), then the expert told wait on the line, because he had to figure out. So I was holding on the line for about 20 minutes, waiting for him, and after all he just hung up, and I got a new email saying “I’ve marked your issue as resolved,”. ... Unbelievable.

I was really disapointed both with the turbotax and max audit defense.

For the reference:

- TurboTax case number was [phone number removed] and [phone number removed]

- TaxAudit case number was #[phone number removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you purchased Audit Defense you should have contacted TaxResources Tax Audit Defense Customer Service Department at 877-829-9695 or intuit.audit.sales@taxaudit.com

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

When you sign up for MAX with Audit Defense, you become entitled to use the services of TaxAudit.com, which is a separate company from TurboTax. You should have received member benefits information at the time you joined.

TurboTax® partner, TaxAudit, will take care of everything for as long as your return can be audited, including:

• Developing a plan of action
  • Following up with the IRS
  • Preparing IRS documents for you
  • Representing you in all IRS meetings

See the Membership Agreement for additional details. 

In order to receive assistance, upon receipt of any communication from the IRS or State, you are responsible to perform or provide the following:

1. Promptly report your notice at https://secureintuit.taxaudit.com/login/login/r. Do not contact the IRS or State. To ensure effective service regarding your Audit, you must use your assigned TaxAudit Audit Representative(s) as your only contact with the IRS or State. If you do not contact TaxAudit within 15 days of the date of the first notice, additional charges may apply. If you wait too long, you will eliminate our ability to defend your case.

See this help article for more information.

@Jichanghir 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies