ewiener1027

TurboTax update increased Federal Refund after I filed due to 1095-A and Form 8962

I e-filed my 2020 return on 3/30/2021 and a TurboTax update has now increased my Federal Refund amount by $835, which is the amount originally reported on 1040 line 17. The update leaves that line blank, for some reason.

This amount comes from Part 1 of Schedule 2, which is Additional Taxes. Originally, my eFile had $835 on Line 2 and 3 of Schedule 2, which is "Excess advance premium tax credit repayment. Attach Form 8962."

The update makes Part 1 blank entirely.

Form 8962 shows the $835 as an amount reported in 1095-A for Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.

Is this an error or did tax policy change related to 1095-A? Am I entitled to an additional $835 in a Federal Refund? How would I get that adjustment? 

KrisD15

The penalty has been waived.

The IRS will adjust for returns already filed and will send a refund. 

Please do not file an amended return for that purpose, the IRS will work with the return you already submitted. 

IRS LINK

KrisD15

The penalty has been waived.

IRS LINK

ewiener1027

Is there a timeframe for when I should expect the IRS to make adjustments and send the additional payment? 

Sometime this summer so just keep waiting.