Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hellogb

TurboTax supervisor was unable to provide activation code for my 2019 Home & Business rendering it useless. He told me he was refunding me $70 but it never showed up.

I have an associated case number and supervisor's name. Who can I contact to resolve this, again.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

TurboTax supervisor was unable to provide activation code for my 2019 Home & Business rendering it useless. He told me he was refunding me $70 but it never showed up.

Also...beyond that, please note the 2019 H&B, cannot be installed or reinstalled anew on any computer. (nor any other TTX version for 2019).    Only 2109 versions already fully installed a year or 2 ago, and still in operation will work.

New 2020 installs, and updates will likely be stopped sometime later this month (though we cannot know the exact date ......to be determined by TTX folks) 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
hellogb

If TurboTax users knew that their TurboTax files (i.e. tax returns and data) are innaccesible after 3 years (as told to me by TurboTax supervisor, apologetically) then many may have chosen to NOT PURCHASE these products.  Access to this information is necessary for many everyday reasons, including audits. That access to the program and data is impossible is just ludicrous, and should not be accceptable to TurboTax customers.

2019 is no longer supported by Turbotax. If it is installed it will fail when you try to open it. if it is not installed it cannot be reinstalled because the updates are no longer available. Turbotax only supports 2020 forward and the support for 2020 will end later this year.  

We always encourage people to generate two PDF files after they file any year's tax return

1) A filing-only PDF copy, that contains only the forms that would be needed if filing by mail.  (even if you efiled)

AND

2)  A PDF copy for your records, containing ALL backup forms and worksheets.

AND THEN...back those PDF files up on an off-computer device or cloud storage

If you do that every year, then you don't need the .taxyyyy datafile to see what you entered in your file.

Of course, if you think you might need to actually process any old tax returns with software, you never uninstall any year's tax program (if using the download software). 

At least on Windows systems, the desktop software will continue to work properly as long as they are not uninstalled  (I once had ~8yrs of TTX software installed and working)....but when you get a new computer, you can only re-install back ~ 3 years, which is why the PDF files become critical for future reference of what was in them.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies