Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

I had to work with 2 different agents with Turbo technology (not the ones answering the phones; need to be transferred).  After working on it for about 5 hours one day, on the next day the agent contacted me and because she continued to research the issue, found there is a problem with "newer computers display settings and Turbo Tax."  She had me reset my display to lowest option (800x600?), then the window worked to I could file.  I then reset back to the default.

She didn't technically explain it but said it is now being noted and most often it happens on the new computers (bought mine October 2020; HP Pavilionx360) when using TurboTax.

The agents I worked with were very helpful and continued to work to find the answer.

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

That’s interesting, my laptop is not even a month old. I will try that this evening. I did get a number to call but I didn’t have time before work so if that doesn’t work I’ll call and if it does I’ll reply back

That worked, I closed TurboTax and changed my resolution to 1024x768. I still had my antivirus and firewall disabled. I reopened turbo tax and it worked as it should! Thank you!!

This is very bizarre, but I tried using the lower resolution and it worked on my new computer (Windows 10) with Turbo Tax 2020.

deaton329

Also was able to get this completed by changing the resolution settings to 1024x768. If TurboTax would stop using a Windows 98 interface for the online purchase, it would work much better.

I am having the same problem. Once I am on the Payment step, under the File tab, I click "Continue." Turbotax saves my return. Then a separate window pops up that says, "Let's complete your purchase online." The continue button on this page is not clickable. I ran as administrator. Each move on my computer requires a new run as administrator:

• Click into the box to enter my username
  • Run as admin
  • Try to nter my user name (username I entered does not appear)
  • Run as admin
  • Username I entered before is now visible.
  • Continue similar process through next steps. I got as far as having the two-step authenticator text me a security code. I was unable to enter the security code on my computer no matter how many times I ran as administrator. 

Can anyone help?

khauenst

The solution for me was to change my display settings. Right click on the desktop, select "Display Settings", find the drop down box labeled "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" and change it to 100%. Restart Turbotax and try again.

LRAVELING

Exact same issue. New HP Pavilion bought in September. Changing resolution to 800x600 worked for me also. This post was very helpful, thanks for sharing. 

The run as administrator did not work for me.   I finally changed the resolution and was able to partially see the information that needed to be entered for purchase.  I could see enough that I could figure out what was needed.    Same fix that I had to do to enter the activation code in the very beginning.    I am by no means a computer guru.  This was simply a trial and error attempt and it worked!!!!!   I totally got lucky, but was able to purchase and finally e-file my state taxes.  Sure hope TurboTax fixes their issues.  

I am also facing same issue. Tried running as administrator but no luck. I am working on Windows 10. 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@mrp27  You will notice in this thread that there are several suggestions about changing the screen resolution to 800 x 600.  This has worked for many.  Try that suggestion.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, changing the display resolution to lower number worked. Thank you.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

I'm glad that worked for you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Right, this is completely unacceptable! After an hours worth of attempts I finally got 1280 x 720 to work, but really TurboTax????  Wow, I've used this for almost 20 years, but they absolutely lost a customer on this one.  Next year I will not be using any Intuit products.

Change the resolution to 800x600 when you Run as Administrator

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies