Solved: Turbotax says my total income taxes paid is over $700 less than I have paid, no place to enter fed. withholding from 1099-R. Where does Turbo. get that figure from?

pjt374bikk

Turbotax says my total income taxes paid is over $700 less than I have paid, no place to enter fed. withholding from 1099-R. Where does Turbo. get that figure from?

MichaelL1

The 1099R box 4 for Federal Taxes withheld get entered when the 1099R is entered.

Make sure the 1099R is entered here:

To enter pension and annuity Payments (1099-R)
•    Click on Federal Taxes
•    Click on Wages and Income
•    Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
•    Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
•    On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

MichaelL1

Make sure the 1099R is entered here:

•    Click on Federal Taxes
•    Click on Wages and Income