Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eerplan

Turbotax is saying i need to upgrade to premier at a cost of $79.99 when deluxe will do the job with sales of stocks and bonds; how to use deluxe on line

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Turbotax is saying i need to upgrade to premier at a cost of $79.99 when deluxe will do the job with sales of stocks and bonds; how to use deluxe on line

Sorry only the Desktop CD/Download Deluxe program has stock sales.  For the Online versions you need to upgrade to Premier.  Do you want to switch to the Desktop program?  I can tell you how without paying for Online.

Desktop and online are completely separate and work different.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  In the Online versions you have to upgrade to enter certain items.

The TurboTax Deluxe online edition does not support Schedule D or Form 8949 to report stock sales.  Only the Premier or Self-Employed editions support stock sales.

Go to the following TurboTax Deluxe online edition website, scroll down and click on Tax Forms to see the forms and schedules supported by the Deluxe online edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/deluxe.jsp

The TurboTax Deluxe desktop CD/Download edition supports Schedule D and Form 8949, as do all the desktop CD/Download editions.

Here is Online Deluxe.  Click on Tax Forms if the comparison listing isn't shown.  There is a list of forms and a column for each version.  For investments you will need schedule D

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/deluxe.jsp 

Jaro5000

How do i get it free

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The TurboTax Free Edition is free only for simple returns that file a 1040 with no additional schedules, and is free as long as you don't select any add-ons or upgrades.  Click here: FREE

It is free allowing you to use our program with the navigation interview process to see what your tax refund or tax due would look like.  TurboTax is also up-to-date with the latest tax laws including the Cares Act, Stimulus and American Rescue Plan so you can be confident your taxes will be done right.  Once you decide to file with us, you need to pay.  The price is based on which products you are chosen after entering your information. 

If you are looking for a complete free filing, you might want to consider another option.  It's called the TaxFreedom which is an IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax.  It is exclusively available online and has its own dedicated website at taxfreedom.com

@Jaro5000

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies