turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax importing $0 1099's from Merrill Lynch

@ahiestand Availability depends on your account holdings. I still do not have my 1099 available online. I have a file called "Visa" which only includes my transactions for the year, but not any tax info. 

s5slapshot2
Returning Member

Thanks for the info.👍👍

ahiestand
Returning Member

This is weird, but all my 1099s downloaded today (2/23).

I did NOT update TurboTax Deluxe. The ML files seem to be the same number of pages and same number of files. Names did not change either.

Something changed somewhere, but right now I don't really care. I just hope yours works too.

@ahiestand I'm sure it's because your paper 1099 became available yesterday, so it was available to import today. Mine is not available yet and when I import I get the $0 forms, which is clearly a bug.

Names aren't going to change because it's the same 1099 form except the data is finally there. Not sure how you can talk about the number of pages for imported data.

My 1099 is finally available on the Merrill Edge website today. Interestingly, when I try to import it on TurboTax, it now tells me that the information is not available but will be tomorrow.  Previously it was letting me download forms with everything at $0. So either that bug is fixed (unlikely since it still was failing yesterday) or else the system is smart enough to know that form info is being processed and doesn't download the $0 forms at that point.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CarissaM That canned answer is not the correct answer in this case. No special access is required to download from Merrill, and I am sure that my form will be available for download tomorrow. You experts have been absolutely no help in this thread.

I am attaching screenshots of what was previously imported into TT and the error I received when trying to import today.

Merrill Edge Feb23b.jpgMerrill Edge Feb24.jpg

Datanics

Do not use the import functionality unless you have less than 5 transactions for the year. I tried importing from Robinhood and M1 finance and was unable to complete the e filing. I just deleted the import data and entered the summary sections and it worked fine. 

That's odd. I've imported dozens of stock sales and never had a problem e-filing.

Mister_JC

Here's the screenshot, that is what my TT Premier shows me today.  Is Turbotax people working on it to make it work again?

This is what my TT Premier shows me today.This is what my TT Premier shows me today.

@Mister_JC Dd you try again? I tried again, it finally had my info to download (after first telling me that there was no data and then telling me to try again on 2/26).

s5slapshot2
Returning Member

I’m still getting $0 trying to importing ML & ML EDGE

@s5slapshot2 Is your 1099 available to download from Merrill? The $0 downloads are what I saw before my tax forms were ready.

s5slapshot2
Returning Member

Haven’t received paper reports yet so I assume not ready.

You should check on their website. However, you should receive an email from them the day after it becomes available online. Getting it in the mail will likely take at least another week. But the $0 forms is definitely a sign that they do not have your form ready yet, or at least it was for me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies