Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

controls

Turbotax desktop starts, login to intuit account, I get the registered code screen from when I installed, click on it wants to register the code as 2nd install

Turbotax 2023 desktop install, does not start return, wants to add same pc as next install of 5 - repeats
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Turbotax desktop starts, login to intuit account, I get the registered code screen from when I installed, click on it wants to register the code as 2nd install

Maybe uninstall and then reinstall.

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
controls

First, no person seems to ever available via telephone nor chat when I was attempting to resolve the problem BEFORE tax filing deadlines, which occured over a weekend.    15 April support is TOO LATE!

That is a failing in INTUIT customer service. 

Second, yes, I have looked into uninstall and guess what, the install has not progressed far enough to register as an app in the Windows Apps, so uninstall is NOT an option because there is nothing to uninstall.

The problem is because Turbotax gets to authorization splash screen, connects to the Intuit server, registers the authorzation with Intuit and decrements the installs, but does not then complete the installation in Windows when I click on continue to start Turbotax.  That step closes the registration windows and NEVER moves to complete the update/install and then open Turbotax.

When looking into the temp files, the install progress never gets past the install because there is an error that the temp or tmp locations have changed, and that is an INTUIT program installation fault.

I have filed for a refund of my purchase, first time is 27 years of using turbotax, please just approve my purchase refund and I will move on possibly to the all online version if Intuit becomes an IRS "Trusted" Partner for 2024 tax year. 

If you take the time to actually look and read the other feedback with this issue, thi is NOT a unique problem, but a widespread problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies