Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

adcmoss

Turbotax Deluxe 2022 on Mac keeps crashing when attempting to file

Reaching out to ask if others have had a similar problem with the software repeatedly crashing right before submitting? This is on the screen after bank accounts and payment information is confirmed and TT is asking whether I want to print a copy of my returns for my records. When I hit "continue" the program crashes. Have cycled this multiple times including uninstalling/re-installing the software, receiving a different download version from support, and clearing my computer's cache/cookies. Am told this may be related to a recent update issue between TT and Apple? Hoping to have a rapid solution prior to Apr 15th as I was recommended to print/mail in my return instead. Hoping to avoid that hassle, cost, and delay if at all possible! Thank you,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please visit the help article below for tips on troubleshooting TurboTax for Mac. Please visit the Updating TurboTax for Mac section. 

Troubleshooting TurboTax for Mac CD/Download installation and ... - Intuit

If these steps don't help resolve this experience, please visit the help article below for information on how to contact Customer Support.

How do I contact TurboTax? - Intuit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
adcmoss

Thank you, but these tip sheets do not solve my issue. I already spent >3 hours on the phone with customer support going through troubleshooting. It was resolved there was a bug in an update between Apple and Turbotax that was only recently discovered. I asked for an ETA for a fix but there wasn't one. Asking for a way to know when the issue is resolved so I may attempt to file again. Thank you,

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We would not have an exact date, as this could be a complex issue to resolve. If you do not want to print and mail ,it would be best to keep trying every couple of days. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ted55
Returning Member

As an end-user I'm chiming in here and replying to this 3-month old inquiry. I had the same experience with my e-file attempts crashing the Turbotax app (MacOS 13.4.1). Yes, I have the latest updates installed.

Intuit has billed me an additional $25 for the state efile feature, and they boast about the efile facility in their Turbotax app, but what good is either if they don't do what they claim? I don't appreciate serving as a beta tester for large companies.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies