Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Deluxe 2021 bugs

A few bugs that haven't been fixed in recent updates:

1) Form 2210 Part III Section A heading "Payment Due Dates" -the dates are "7/15/20", "9/15/20", and "1/15/21". They're off by one year, and for 2021 estimated tax payments reverted to 4/15/21, 6/15/21, 9/15/21, and 1/15/22.

2) Box (b) for Part III Section A Line 11 needs to pick up the June payment to avoid computing a spurious penalty.

3) Tax Payments Worksheet Estimated tax Payments for 2021 - an earlier version of the package corrupted date entry in Lines 1-4. The Jan 21 rev fixes this but you must re-enter all dates.

4) Charitable contributions entered through the questionnaire create "Charitable Org" forms but these don't reliably flow through to 1040 Worksheet Line 12b or Form 1040 Line 12b. You may need to manually copy the total to the worksheet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I am also experiencing a bug with the 2021 Basic (Free) edition. When reporting income for Federal, I answer no to unemployment received and no to paid family leave. But, when it comes time for "review" it shows uncompleted work needs to be done. It requires me to input a 1099 despite not receiving one or needing one for 2021. I scroll down to answer "This does not apply to me." then continue. Turbo Tax then requires me to Upgrade to $39 edition to report my Unemployment income on for 1099! It then loops back. I can't finish and I refuse to pay for an upgrade I don't need.

-Michael

@Michael167   There is a known fix for that one...well documented in a number of posts:

What probably happened is that you DID have a 1099-G on yoru tax forms for last year, and they transferred over to the 2021 , but empty.   You need to delete that unused 1099-G:

Re: 1099g (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@jonathan00013 

The 2210 issue is one in which the new 2021 form 2210 isn't expected to be ready until sometime in March (but could be implemented at any time).  In the meantime, (opinion) you should probably get rid of all your entries made in it so far, or delete the 2210 altogether...no telling where your entries will end up once they put in the correct form.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products (intuit.com)

Other issues?...I don't know 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks very much for the pointer to the forms availability schedule. I look forward to future updates.

2210 is auto-generated - I've entered no data on the form. It appears in the Forms list only after I click "go to supporting form" for the computed value in Form 1040 line 38.

I tried many searches, it kept coming up with articles on possible identity theft and contacting my state.

I thank you very much for the reply!

-Michael

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies