Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AJ1017

TurboTax charged over $300 for return. This doesn’t fit what I was quoted when I filed. How do I request review and refund?

I filed my taxes using the 2023 version of the computer Self-employed version. I was under the impression that I would have a fee for the use of ACH deposit ($40) and a fee for filing my state taxes (although this was included in my purchase). How did this turn into over $300 being taken from my refund? I need this reviewed and refunded immediately!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax charged over $300 for return. This doesn’t fit what I was quoted when I filed. How do I request review and refund?

There is not a fee to have a direct deposit of your refund.   That $40 fee is incurred if you choose to pay your TurboTax fees using your federal refund instead of paying upfront with a credit or debit card BEFORE you e-file.  The fee goes to the third party bank that receives your refund from the IRS, takes out what you owe to TurboTax, collects its own $40, and sends you the rest.  That fee can be avoided.  As for your other fees---we cannot see your information so we do not know what version of the software you used or what -- if any--add on features you chose to include.

What is Refund Processing Service?

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Wait----Did you purchase the CD/download and then use online software by mistake?   

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

Did you already e-file and pay the extra fees for using online?   Talk to customer support and see if they can help  you sort this out.

Maybe they can at least refund the amount you paid for the CD/download.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies