Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Billing info error

hey I am having a problem am about to click file taxes after conforming my billing information and im getting this error "Oops. We’re having a little trouble processing your billing information. Please select "contact us" from the help panel to speak with an expert to assist you" does anybody know why im trying to contact support and nothing the only option i have is to pay $40 to get help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try logging completely out of the TurboTax website, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

If you continue to have issues please reach out to a TurboTax representative for assistance. 
What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

14 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this resource; although it lists a different error message it can potentially help you with billing holds.

it still not working

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try logging completely out of the TurboTax website, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

If you continue to have issues please reach out to a TurboTax representative for assistance. 
What is the TurboTax phone number?

I logged out and clear my entire history and re did it twice and still said the same i’m so disappointed that i had to use TaxSlayer and payed $99.95 for their service this has never happened to me with turbotax 

That does NOT fix the issue. I have cleared cookies, cleaned the cache more than once. I tried Edge, google, and fire fox browsers... issue is still there.  So, when do you guys going to fix it?  Cannot even use the "HELP" area either because of it. 

You are not alone. I am about to go ahead and use a different service myself. 

You need to call customer service and explain what is happening and then request to be transferred to the billing department.  That department is in Mountain time zone and opens at 11:00 AM eastern time Monday through Friday. They close at 3:00 PM Eastern time. No other department can help you with this issue and they have no direct number.  Must talk to them between those hours.  If customer service person does not know how to transfer you then ask for a manager.

i got the exact issue, here's the solution I found from older posts:

"The problem is TurboTaxes Billing Address Verifier. There here is the weird trick to get passed it. In theaddress field put in "gibberish" just let your fingers touch random keys Do the same for your city. YourState and Your Zip code should be correct. Put in your credit card info in and process the payment.Hope this helps."

So in the billing address window just enter random characters, but enter correctly for state and zip code.

I found this very absurd and ridiculous and I am starting to doubt turbotax product as a whole.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so they can assist you with this. You will want to use the keywords billing issues when you call so you get to the right person.

@jvasseau70 

Unbelievably, this worked for me. This seems like a fairly serious coding error by TurboTax.

I had a repeat of this for the 2023 Tax year. The "Oopsie we had a little trouble processing your billing information . . .". I live abroad but have an active US bank account.

* clearing browser caches -- did nothing different

* trying a different browser (Firefox and Edge) -- did nothing different
* trying mobile and desktop -- did nothing different

* trying Apple Pay and a credit card for payment methods -- did nothing different

* matching an existing USPS approved US Mailing address exactly to a US billing address -- did nothing different

* using gibberish for the US street address, but the correct city, state, and ZIP code, (with matching US mail and billing addresses), Microsoft Edge, Desktop, US credit card -- worked.
* a 90 minute call to Turbotax Customer Support did nothing. The woman was nice and competent at other things. But didn't have anything to help this.
* Then go back and change the Mailing address to my foreign address and file . . ..

Rosekrej

I had the billing error about a dozen time and called twice and neither representative knew anything about the issue I was having and not helpful at all.  I tried the suggestion of entering gibberish for the address and it worked!!!!  TurboTax needs to fix that glitch! 

Thank you for adding this tip!

If you are still having this error message enter the gibberish!

YOU TOTALLY ROCK! this random hacked worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies