turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax and IRS differ on line 32 by ($567) AGI and Taxes and payments are identical. Why did Turbotax calculate the wrong stimulus vs the IRS?

On 9/25, ran an amended return within TT software, and came up with a 3rd amount for line 32.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbotax and IRS differ on line 32 by ($567) AGI and Taxes and payments are identical. Why did Turbotax calculate the wrong stimulus vs the IRS?

The TT program computes the credit on line 30 using the information you entered into the program for the amount of advance stimulus payments you already received.  

The IRS cross checks every Form 1040 with an amount on line 30 for the recovery rebate credit.   If the IRS thinks you already got the EIP payment, you cannot get it again as a tax refund.   If you claimed a recovery rebate credit for a payment already sent to you, they recalculated your refund.

Check your IRS account and see if the IRS sent your EIP payment.   If they did, and you really did not receive it then they can trace it.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

If you were issued a payment and have not received it, see How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments? 

Sorry your response isn’t my question.  That is a calculated dollar amount input by the software for line 30.  It states that in your online help.   The IRS stares my AGI is too high, $179,900, for a stimulus.   It is the SAME amount listed in my turbo tax return.  
So based on my AGI, why did turbo tax calculate I should get a stimulus of $908 but IRS said showed zero based on the same dollar amounts?

o

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies