Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BoooKooo
Returning Member

Turbotax 2023 CD not install

CD setup.exe stops and popup appears:

'Code execution can not proceed because MSVCP140.dll, VCRuntime140.dll not found'

Does Intuit provide a patch on its official website so my CD will install?  

Will it send me a functioning CD if all fails? Sending out a CD with known bugs is poor practice!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@BoooKooo 

See the post from "benlucky" at this discussion, about needing to install certain .dll files on your Windows computer:

Re: can't get 2023 to install completely. Keeps giving me error messages (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

If that doesn't work, another poster indicated that they followed the directions on the CD package...to get the download .exe file from TurboTax indtead, and that worked.

Also, the downloaded version will be a far more recent installation .exe file than the really-really-old beta version on the CD.

Downloading will require you to create a TurboTax account (if you don't already have a TTX UserId/pwd), but one is required this year to verify the installation...even if loading from the CD

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies