Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VidKidz

TurboTax 2022 Premier Version 2022.r40.070 for Mac Crashes after latest update

Did not find this topic discussed most recently so I figured I would post this question here.

I have a Mac Book Pro Retina 15-inch Late 2013 running Mac OS Big Sur 11.7.8.  Even though I don't usually use the program between tax seasons I occasionally run Turbo Tax Premier 2022 to make sure it has the most recent software.

This evening I decided to run the Turbo Tax program and it said it had an update so I went ahead and updated it.  After the program downloaded the updates and extracted them I clicked on the "Install and Relaunch" button and it went ahead and overlaid the old version I had installed with the new one.

When I tried to run the new version of Turbo Tax Premiere 2022 (Version 2022.r40.070) the program crashed and a pop up came up on the screen that said "TurboTax 2022 cannot be opened because of a problem." with an option to click on the "Report" button to see details about the crash.

Clicking on the "Report" button below shows a bunch of various information but a few lines down the screen it said:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Previous updates that I have made to the program from time to time this year have gone off without a hitch so this is the first time the program has had a problem at launch.

I reinstalled the original version of the program "Version 2022.r01.013" from the CD I purchased from Costco and that version loaded no problem but then crashed when launching after the program was updated to "2022.r40.070".

Are there any old temporary files or files in the Mac OS "Library" or other folders I can or should delete that might help so it installs like a new program?  I'm thinking that maybe an old file in "Application Support" in the "Library" folder or somewhere else might be causing the hiccup but I have NO idea.

I looked through the community discussions but did not see any recent postings related to my issue. Has anyone else had any problems with the most recent update to Turbo Tax 2022 Premier and if so, how did you solve the problem?

Any suggestions that anyone can make are appreciated.  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I can confirm the same problem running on a macbook pro 15" mid 2012 with Big Sur installed with Open Core Legacy Patcher. Up until reading your post, I thought I might still have a hardware problem that corrupted my drive (I did have one, now I believe fixed). With so many things going against me was fairly confident that the EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) was specific to my computer. I can see now that it is not and I will try to reach out to Turbo Tax on this ASAP.

I will put all the details on my crash on the 2012 macbook pro in the next post

@VidKidz @ametzger 

This is a known TTX-MAC software issue being worked on.

There's a sign-up here for notification as to when it's fixed:

TurboTax CD/Download for Mac won't open after updating (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks, I found this out shortly before your post and understand now it is affecting all Macs. Intuit has done an extremely poor job spreading the news about this issue and they wasted a ton of my time as I struggled to try to figure out what the hell was wrong with my mac, in particular one TT agent did not mention this when I told her I was burning through licenses due to reformats / repeated reinstalls of the **bleep** software. Very disappointing.

Yep...shouldn't do re-installs unless absolutely necessary.   Only do it once, and beyond that it's almost assuredly some other problem.

..You might be able to get a new install code from Customer Support...since it was their software problem and their instructions to re-install cause you to burn thru installation numbers.  I just saw the FAQ yesterday for the first time and the FAQ was actually updated 7 days ago (not sure what was there before that), so their failure to let their Phone Support Teams know about it was definitely their fault.....BUT, I have  no idea how they inform their phone support staff on current BIG software problems like this, so they can actually help their customers.

_______

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies