Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wander1
Returning Member

Turbo tax used wrong time zone

I filed at 9:02pm pacific in California and turbotax submitted as April 16, 12:02am. E-file details say received by IRS at April 16 12:02am EDT. For California It shows submitted on April 16, 12:02am but not received. I get that you can do the math but will the computers recognize that? I also have the stupid Oops error message so I have no idea if that is another issue. Should I pay the it’s directly even though I already paid turbo tax? I loathe Intuit right now 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

No, your return will still be considered filed on time, even though you waited until the last moment to file it. 

When you say 'should i pay the IRS directly even though I already paid TurboTax?' do you mean that you paid your tax due through your return?

If that's the case, don't pay the IRS again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Wander1
Returning Member

I paid my tax due via turbo tax. However, it’s been 1.5 hours and I still haven’t received an email saying my return was transmitted, the main page in turbo tax says pending and $0 taxes. The e-file details section still says not received by California. 

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

If the page says pending, then wait. The state usually follows the federal return. 

Same thing happened to me, just now.  It's 11:15PM in my time zone on April 15, but TurboTax is saying the return was filed at 12:15AM on April 16.

I did take a screenshot - though I suspect I'm still screwed....

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can check that your return was received by the taxing authority  using these instructions: Check the Electronic Postmark of your Return. Pay close attention to the separate lines for Federal and State. They are separate statuses.

Wander1
Returning Member

Thank you. Turbo tax did not transmit my state tax return until today, April 16 at 3:42 am pacific. I e-filed at 9:02pm. What do I do now that they submitted it late?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You are ok, as long as you submitted it by the deadline. The time they acknowledged can be after the deadline.

Wander1
Returning Member

Turbo tax now says they received my tax return on April 16 at 3:42am and transmitted it the same time. Yesterday the file detail showed turbo tax received it at 9:02pm April 15. Why did turbo tax do that? I have a screen shot. Do I need to contact anyone? Thanks! 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Interesting. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. Especially with the state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies