Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mike327

Turbo tax thinks that I have filed my return, but I did not file it. How can I open a 2022 return that has not been filed?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax thinks that I have filed my return, but I did not file it. How can I open a 2022 return that has not been filed?

Yes, you can access your "filed" tax return using the instructions below.

•  Click on Tax Home from the menu on the left.
  •  Under Your tax returns & documents, select the current tax year, then click on Add a State.
  •  You now have access to your entire return. You may navigate using the tabs or Search box as you did while entering your information. Do NOT change anything until you confirm that the return has not actually been e-filed.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mike327

I was able to access my 2022 return by going back to the return and adding a state. That allowed me to make changes to the return. I filed an extension as I will not actually file until Sept/Oct. Since TurboTax "thinks" that I have already printed and mailed the return, I may have to print and mail the return later this year. Is there a way to go into TurboTax and change the filing status from "filed" to "not yet filed/extension"? I was able to submit the 4868 extension via TurboTax - Intuit somehow.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies