w_j_hofmann

Turbo Tax says cannot file because IRS form 8606 not available until Feb. 15, but form is on IRS web site today. Please advise. Thank you.

realisteverborn

I'm going through the same problem about to check in to H&R Block

The IRS has to first approve TT's version  (programming) of the form.

w_j_hofmann

Thanks so much for your prompt and helpful response -- really appreciate it!
JAYARE

I ran into the same problem, stopped dead by Turbo. I don't want to pay taxes again on what I already paid taxes on, so, I will wait for their software to be verified before I continue. I don't have a choice. I am surprised that the government does not have this ready yet... NOT really.

kaykow666

form 8606 still not ready in turbotax. anyone know when it will be available?

mesquitebean

@kaykow666 wrote:

Form 8606 is projected to be available in TurboTax sometime on 2/12/20.    That is subject to change in either direction.  You can check occasionally in this table:

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

jwa4504

I have the same question.

BillM223

Any tax software company has a number of things to do before they can make a form available in their software products.

First the government agency has to make the form available.

Then the software company has to make an electronic version of the form and get it approved by the government agency.

Then the software company has to code the software to create and use this form.

Then the software company has to test the software and form to make sure that it is right and that nothing else got broken.

Only then can the software company make the form "available". Therefore, there will normally be a delay between the time a form is released by the IRS  and the time that the form is made available in TurboTax.

JAYARE

This should have been finish in January. Oh well, I can wait. Its not the end of the world.

kaykow666

Form 8606 is not on the forms availability table
HelenC12

Please see the IRS website direct link for Form 8606: Available Forms and Limitations. Scroll down to form 8606.

041639

Form 8606 is not listed. My error says I need form 8606 T.

Since the form 8606 is an individual form the Taxpayer and Spouse must each have their own form so in the TT program they distinguish between the two by putting a T or an  S after form numbers ... several forms have this indicator.  So the 8606-T means the 8606 for the taxpayer. 

ABKeys

I see this schedule and received an email that the form is ready on TurboTax.  However, when I try to run the software update, after 15-20 seconds, TurboTax says "Your software is up to date" with no updates loaded.  I keep trying to run the federal check and continue to get the error regarding form 8606-T (tried 2/15/20, 2/17/20, 2/18/20...no changes).  What else can I try????