Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmcassidy

TURBO TAX PROGRAM BAIT AND SWITCH

This is not a question. The notion that you charge to file a State return, AND THEN  AFTER GOING THROUGH EFILE AND FIND THAT YOU CHARGE $40 TO GET MY MONEY BACK, WHEN WE ALL KNOW DAMNED WELL THERE IS NO EXPENSE TO YOU FOR THIS PROCESSING. 

IN ADDITION TO THE BAIT AND SWITCH ON YOUR MATERIAL, THE PROGRAM THIS YEAR STUNK

1)MY SON WAS ELIGBLE FOR PROPERTY TAX CREDIT FROM MN. THE PROGRAM DID THAT FINE

2)WHEN I DID MY NEPHEWS THE PROGRAM WOULD NOT TAKE ME TO THE STATE FORM. HAD TO DOWNLOAD FROM MN

3) FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON THE PROGRAM DELETED MY NEPHEWS ENTIRE RETURN, INCLUDING THE SAVED COPY. iN ADDITION i HAVE BEEN TOLD BY TECH SUPPORT THERE IS NO WAY TO ACTUALLY DELETE. i WILL BE USING ANYONE BUT tt NEXT YEAR, BEEN A USER SINCE PROGRAM INCEPTION, WILL LOOK TO tAX aCT, h&r AND THE FED IF THEY EXPAND.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TURBO TAX PROGRAM BAIT AND SWITCH

I can address your first question/point.  There is no extra charge to get your refund.  I get Direct Deposit from the IRS every year using the Home & Business Desktop program.  In the Desktop program there is a $20 or 25 fee if you want to efile the state return.  If you want to have the fee deducted from your federal refund there is an Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge which you can avoid by paying upfront with a credit card.  Or you can print and mail state for free.  

There is one screen that can trip you up. Go back through the File tab slowly and see what its charging you for.  There is one screen that can trip you up.  People get going too fast through the screens and clicking on the bottom right box to continue.  But on the pay screen you have click on the Left button to pay by credit card (not the right button).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies