Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is the worst company I've ever had to deal with--and that's saying something but I need to upgrade from Deluxe to self-employment and can't thru website or CS.

nonsensical responses having nothing to do with the question and comment that I made. It's a hopeless company-- I'm beyond the beyond talking into the ethers...
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbo tax is the worst company I've ever had to deal with--and that's saying something but I need to upgrade from Deluxe to self-employment and can't thru website or CS.

This is your first and only post with the current User ID of @ericfisler-gmail 

Go to this TurboTax online website for the Premium edition which includes self-employment - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/premium/

TurboTax will automatically upgrade you to the version you need, so why involve any other person ?

@ericfisler-gmail 

The  online version that used to be called Self-Employed is now Premium, so you might be looking for the wrong thing.   And...if you are using online, and you start entering income you earned as an independent contractor, and/or business expenses, it will automatically upgrade you to Premium.   If you are using the CD/download, then every version of the desktop software has all of the forms and schedules, so you can enter self-employment income and prepare a Schedule C using desktop Deluxe.  If you want to upgrade to a higher version of the desktop software so that you can get more guidance, you want Home and Business.   In order to upgrade in desktop, you go up to the tool bar on your TT screen and look at the top right for the >>

Click >> and it will offer you the opportunity to upgrade.   If you upgrade, you pay the difference between the software you have already purchased and the price of the upgrade.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies