turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kevin8245

Turbo Tax has been installed and info entered. Now that i try to reopen, it flashes the opening logo then goes away

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax has been installed and info entered. Now that i try to reopen, it flashes the opening logo then goes away

See if the TurboTax Help article Troubleshoot TurboTax Desktop for Windows issues helps with what you're seeing.

kevin8245

Still not working, tried to reinstall software and says program already running. Window 11 with 15.9 g available, i have admin rights...

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

A Windows link suggests turning off Windows Smart Screen.

I would suggest that you Contact TurboTax Support, where they can look into your computer.

@kevin8245 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@kevin8245 

1) A W11 software update was just released. (I found it waiting this morning)  Sometimes a partially-installed Windows update will block the proper TTX startup.  Check for and install the W11 update, then be sure to reboot before trying to start TTX again.

Nope? Not that?

2)  Sometimes rt-clicking on the TTX icon, and selecting "Run As Administrator" works..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies