rpsontag

TTax tax calculation in 12% single bracket does not match IRS tables

I've  input all of the required data into  TTax, and the computed tax is less than the amount in the IRS 2020 tax tables on the same taxable income in the single filer 12% bracket.  Where do I look next?
SteamTrain

IF you have any

1)   qualified dividends......... box 1b on a 1099-DIV

2)   ..Cap gain Mutual Fund distributions.........box 2a on a 1099-DIV

or

3)  Long Term gains from stocks or other securities sold during the year ...forms 1099-B/8949

Then those $$ are taxed at lower rates than in the tax tables, and special calculation worksheets are used.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
ErnieS0

TurboTax calculations are backed by our 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee. In plain English, if you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.

It’s not possible to explain the difference without knowing the specifics of your situation.

A tax expert can review your return. See How do I schedule my review using TurboTax Live?

rpsontag

Thank you very much!  It was a 1099-DIV that threw off my calculation, and with your advice,  I both learned something and was able to complete my check of the tax calculation!