Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pahirschberg
Returning Member

TT21 (CD) w 1 state was on my Win. LT. I installed a 2nd new TT21 CD after uninstalling orig. New TT21 doesn't allow free download of a different state. Any solutions?

I uninstalled 1st version following:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/state-install-e-file-u....

2nd version still showing 1st version state (NH) and therefore not allowing me a free downlooad
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

TT21 (CD) w 1 state was on my Win. LT. I installed a 2nd new TT21 CD after uninstalling orig. New TT21 doesn't allow free download of a different state. Any solutions?

Are you trying to install a second personal income tax program on the same computer using the same log in ID ?   Why ???   All you needed to do is continue to use the one program and pay for the second state instead of buying a second program just to get a free state.   Return the second personal program since you can buy the second state cheaper.   

pahirschberg
Returning Member

I didn't want to get into the reason, but since you asked...  I bought a new sealed version on Ebay for $11, cheaper than a State Tax purchase for $45.  I'm doing retirement scenarios and looking at my taxes in various states.  I have 3 computers available, which should allow me to download 3 different states for free.  I did three on my original TT CD purchase and now want to do 3 more.

So, enough on my reasons.  Since I have a brand new TT CD, I should be able to uninstall the 1st and install the 2nd and get 1 free state per computer.

Any thoughts on this?  Does intuit save computer IDs on their servers, thus knowing the download situation?

I removed the original TT with Windows uninstall,  ran TTCleanStates.exe, and cleaned the registry of Intuit/TT entries.  Second install still showed original state -- not the tax form, just the state program.  Thanks for any help.

Ok ... so if you want to use 3 different programs off a CD download then you must register each program using a separate  userID and password.  Stop logging into the account you already have for registered. 

pahirschberg
Returning Member

Thank you, but I don't recall logging in to TurboTax.  I just install and run the program and when I get to state download, it still shows my original state.

Don't think installing another new program will work.  Don't know how it knows but it does.  If it worked to get a different free state by installing on 3 different computers then you need to install on 3 more different computers so 6 computers.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies