Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT wont allow my bank account info for my California return.

tt let me down again, even if i enter the bank acocunt info in forms, when i go back to file and go through the file steps it is empty for bank account number, wont let me enter it, won't let me go further.   i can go to forms, click in it and it appears  - although with a little sqaure for the first digit is added? have tried rebooting, erasing cache, editing it in forms and saving.. no luck. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can enter bank account information for refunds.  If you haven't e-filed yet, you can change your direct deposit information.    If you are paying a tax due amount, your banking information is entered in a different place; banking information for tax payments are not shown on your tax returns.   The linked article explains how to enter your bank information on your tax returns for refunds.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

no you dont understand - i CAN NOT enter my bank account number.  it WILL NOT LET ME.  i am owed a CA refund and it stops at the enter bank account number, will only let type up to 4 numbers.   if i go to forms, i can see the bank account number but its has an odd square box in front of the bank account.  and it can not be edited in forms, it can not be entered in "file return".  i CAN NOT ADD MY BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER IN CA RETURN TURBO TAX

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Have you tried the steps below from this help article?

If you are receiving an error message, follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. Go back to finish and file and choose direct deposit.
  2. Delete the entered routing number by holding down backspace.
  3. Manually type the routing number. This should resolve your issue.

Try also these troubleshooting steps for Windows Desktop users:

If none of these solutions works, I recommend that you contact TurboTax Support for assistance. They may be able to set up a Glance screenshare session if needed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies