turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT won't allow me to edit my Misc income.

At the bottom of the "your income" screen I have numbers in the "Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C" category and I can't find a way to change them.  I remember when I entered these numbers, the screen questions were ambiguous and vague and I just figured I could go back in later and figure it out.  Now I can't find a way to edit them.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anita01

Enter the words Other income in the Find box on the upper right , hit enter then the Jump To, to go back through the entire interview for that area.  You can change, edit, or delete.

That sends me to the 1099-misc summary page.  I have nothing here, $0.
  I have numbers showing up in the miscellaneous income, 1099-A, 1099-C in the blue area.  If I click the Edit/Add button, it takes me to a list of 11 items.  I visited them all, they are all $0.  I don't know where to edit these numbers.  I remember the screen that prompted me to enter these numbers.  It was a very vague screen.  At the time I just took a best guess and figured I would edit later.  Now I can't find where to edit them.
Anita01

What was the scree asking about though?

When reviewing my return I see those same numbers on "schedule 1: Additional income and adjustments to income, line 21 - other income".  On the original screen where I entered these numbers, I thought it was a place to enter personal property tax refunds and school tax refunds.

I think the screen was asking something about other tax refunds.  I took that to mean property and school tax relief payments that we received from NY state.  I entered one number then I couldn't edit that one, I entered another and now they are both stuck in there somehow.  Those numbers now are showing up on schedule 1 line 21...  Thank you for your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies