turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT Premium 2021. Have1 error. TT takes me to form 8812, Credits for Qualifying Children... I'm single, no dependents. TT auto filled out Lines 1,3 and 9. What do I do?

Apparently this is a known glich that others have had. I cannot afford turning in a kowingly incorrect tax return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT Premium 2021. Have1 error. TT takes me to form 8812, Credits for Qualifying Children... I'm single, no dependents. TT auto filled out Lines 1,3 and 9. What do I do?

Lines 1, 3 and 9 are filled in by the program and cannot be changed unless you override and you do not want to override as that will prevent you from e-filing.

All you need to do is enter a 0 on Line B1 in the Principal Place of Abode and Letter 6419 Information Smart Worksheet on the Schedule 8812.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Everyone is being asked this question since TurboTax does not know if the user was one who received these advances from the IRS in 2021.

Enter a 0 (zero) when asked to enter a number on the Schedule 8812. This will correct the issue and remove the Schedule 8812 from your tax return so that you can file the return.

Since you do not have dependents and did not receive any advance child tax credits in 2021, the Schedule 8812 will not be included in the 2021 tax return that is filed.

I can not enter 0 in Line 1,3 and 9. I can also not enter zero to any question that I believe I should answer. The is a ! next to this form in the Forms in My Return. There is a Delete Form at the bottom of the page. Can I use that?

Lines 1, 3 and 9 are filled in by the program and cannot be changed unless you override and you do not want to override as that will prevent you from e-filing.

All you need to do is enter a 0 on Line B1 in the Principal Place of Abode and Letter 6419 Information Smart Worksheet on the Schedule 8812.

Thank you!  That is what was needed!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies