Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pwsnla

TT Desktop 2023 - Multiple requests for activation on a single computer

I am being asked to activate my TurboTax desktop on Windows multiple times on the same computer.

I've now used up 3 out 5 activations on a single computer.

I found other people are experiencing the same problem in this post on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TurboTax/comments/17cfy9v/comment/kpt8a7f/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web...

Cross-posting here to see if more people are having the same issue and if there is a solution.

Yesterday I spent over an hour on the phone with support when TurboTax asked me to activate for the third time on the same computer. Unfortunately there was no resolution. In the end, the support person told me that he couldn't do anything else for me and suggested that I should use my third activation. I pointed out that it was my 3rd activation on the same computer and that at this rate I will run out of activations soon. He assured me that if that happens they will take care of it. I hope so. At this point I already invested a lot of time in TurboTax and I will be really pissed off if I am not able to complete my taxes. I don't even want a refund. I want a product that works.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it. Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was. Even a printer plugged in or not. It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again. It worked.

Asks for Activation at every launch
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

pwsnla

Thank you for your reply. This was reviewed during the support call. I am running TurboTax on a desktop and the hardware configuration (hard drives, printer, ethernet card) has not changed in any way. There were no flash drives plugged in during any of the activation request. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies