keeley314

Trying to get 6 digit code to complete taxes and there is an old email address Please email at [PII]

Trying to finish taxes and need 6 digit code and there is an old email address.  Please use [PII]

CalebB

The 6 digit verification code can only be sent to the registered account email.

If you are able to sign in to your account, you can change the email address associated with the account. To do so:

1. Click Tax Home on the left hand side
  2. Click Intuit Account at the lower left corner
  3. Click Edit next to Email address - you will need to enter your password as well as the new email address.

If you are not able to sign into your account you can try to recover your password by clicking the "I forgot my user ID or password" link on the sign in screen. Enter your user id and continue, then select the "Recover my account a different way (takes longer)" option and continue.

If this doesnt work either, you'll need to contact customer support for further assistance.

GabyC

You can also have your verification code sent via text. Here's how to do so:

1. After signing in to TurboTax Online, go to Take me to my Return
  2. Under Manage my account, click Change user Id, email, or password
  3. Click to turn on Two Step Verification
  4. Choose the option to Text and enter your password to confirm

*Double check that your phone number is up to date