Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to amend 2022 return using desktop app e-file. I'm done but app is stuck on the Review tab and I can't press continue. My only option is to exit app. How to finish

I'm in CA so it claims I can e-file amended return with the desktop app and not have to mail it in. The "Continue" button does not work on the Audit Protection part of the Review tab. I'm on the part where it says "Great Job! You're almost done. It's time to wrap up your 2022 taxes and file your returns" but I can't press continue. The other option is to skip this section and go to Summary where it lets me exit the app, but I'm not sure if my amended return got filed or not. How can I confirm it's been filed or get this page to work. My internet and computer are fine.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
broaduca

Trying to amend 2022 return using desktop app e-file. I'm done but app is stuck on the Review tab and I can't press continue. My only option is to exit app. How to finish

I'm having the same issue for an amended Ga return. I hope you guys have an answer. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Be sure to use these guidelines when amending your return. Prior year returns can not be efiled.

If you want to make changes or add a document to a tax return that has already been submitted, you should follow these guidelines. 

• You must first wait until the initial return is completely processed. 
  • You will have to use the same TurboTax account that you used for the original tax return. 
  • Once you begin your amendment, you'll see your original return.  
  • The refund calculator will start new at $0 and only reflect the changes in the refund or tax due 
  • Only make changes to the areas of your return that need amending. 
  • You have three years from the date you filed your return or two years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment 

Select your product below and follow the instructions. 

Amend TurboTax Online 

Amend TurboTax CD/Download 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

turbo tax frozen.jpgI live in CA and filed electronically through Turbotax. Your site says I can e-file the 2022 amended return because I meet the requirements, is this not the case anymore?

Also, your answer doesn't really address my question and I am aware of that info you provided. I mentioned I am done amending the 2022 return and want to finalize filing it, but am unable to do so because the desktop app (which I am required to use to amend) is stuck on a page (see attached pic) - I can't press Continue to progress further. My only option is to click to the Summary section which let's me exit the app, but I'm not sure if my return was e-filed since I couldn't press continue and skipped that section that asks to file my returns.

Please someone help, I am done just need to submit/file return but app doesn't work well...my computer and internet are fine

On Feb 20, 2024 an employee posted this……..
According to our tech support team, this is not a product defect. TurboTax Desktop for prior years does not support E-file for amendments like TurboTax Online does. Apparently, the signature date is the trigger for rejecting an e-file attempt.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/tt-desktop-won-t-let-me-e-file-2022-amen...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies