Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lari88
Returning Member

Trapped by a live agent into unhelpful premium upgrade!

Hello, Hope this finds someone in charge who can help me with a serious product issue.

I had a special type of income which it wasn't very clear to me how is the best way to file it. The first live agent helped me with it and suggested some type of other income, but the tax refund amount didn't sound right. I called again and spoke with another agent. He told me to try another section under business (though I don't have any business) which required premium upgrade for $219. I was terrified of the fee but the agent assured me that if it didn't work better for me I can remove it from the services at the end and reverse into the prior way of filing for that income. 

The premium upgrade didn't help me with the refund amount nor seemed an accurate description to my income type.

But upon final step of filing, despite what I was assured by the live agent, there was no option to remove the premium Turbotax charge.

Hope this is just an error and can be fixed with the help of a tech supervisor, because otherwise this could be an alarming sign of an unsafe and unethical way of business by abusing simple customers' trust with false information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You just decide not to use the Live service and your return will go back to what was there before you talked to a Live agent.  You are not forced to pay for the service but if you don't pay for it then you do not get the benefit of any changes that the Live agents made.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-turbotax-live/00/27312

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies