Belfast1969

transfer 2019 to 2020 issues

Hi,

I did my 2019 return on a mac with turbotax basic. I have a pdf of the return but not the original .taxfile. I am doing my 2020 return on a PC and tried to import the PDF. It first said that the PDF was too big to import so I compressed the PDF. Only my personal data transferred but not the 100 items as expected including 1099 entities, 5year tax history etc.

I believe my daughter may have erased the  original software and file from the MAC. Is there anything I can do?

Please advise

GeorgeDenseff

transfer 2019 to 2020 issues

All that will transfer from the pdf is your personal information.  I hope you are able to locate your taxfile.  I always make a taxfile backup to a thumb drive and store it with my other tax records.

transfer 2019 to 2020 issues

Try opening your 2019 return on the Mac.   Do you still have the program installed? Launch it and see if it opens your return.  Go up to File-Open.  Your tax file ends in .tax2019 and should be in your Documents.  Then save it again do you can find it.

How to find tax files on Mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901659-find-your-tax-data-file-in-mac