Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Today I received a second IRS Form 5071C, dated Feb. 8, just three days after the first. Both have the same, exact Control No. Do I need verify my ID again?

I received two 5071C letters, one dated February 5, 2019, which I completed online immediately; the second one arrived today, dated February 8, 2019. They're exact duplicates, with the same Control number. I don't need to go to the website again do I? 

After I completed the first ID verification online, I checked the "Where's My Refund" site and all my bars disappeared, with a message saying my return was being processed and a refund date would be given once available. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Today I received a second IRS Form 5071C, dated Feb. 8, just three days after the first. Both have the same, exact Control No. Do I need verify my ID again?

You probably shouldn't try to verify your ID online just yet. 

Keep an eye on the "Where's My Refund" page for at least a couple of days. 

If you don't see that your return has been accepted within a few days, you should probably call the toll-free IRS Identity Verification telephone number shown in the 5071C letter, before attempting anything else online, so that an IRS support person can best advise your next move.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You probably shouldn't try to verify your ID online just yet. 

Keep an eye on the "Where's My Refund" page for at least a couple of days. 

If you don't see that your return has been accepted within a few days, you should probably call the toll-free IRS Identity Verification telephone number shown in the 5071C letter, before attempting anything else online, so that an IRS support person can best advise your next move.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies