turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

To do the e-filing its asking for an idee number of my last year tax is I don't remember the number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

To do the e-filing its asking for an idee number of my last year tax is I don't remember the number

The IRS requires that your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from your tax return from the previous year be included with any tax return e-filed this year.

You can find your 2018 AGI on Line 7 of your Form 1040.

If you had filed with TurboTax last year, the AGI would have been automatically added to the return. If you did not file with TurboTax last year (or if you filed in a different TurboTax account), you will need to enter the AGI from last year manually. The AGI is added near the end of the filing process, just before filing the return.

To find the AGI from a different TurboTax account, sign in to that account, then scroll down on the opening page until you get to Your Tax Returns and Documents. Chose 2018 and download your tax return.

If your previous year tax returns are not available, you can use the IRS Get Transcript tool. Try the online option first. If you are unable to obtain the transcript online, you can have one sent to the address the IRS has on record for you. You can find IRS Get Transcript here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
enegola

Since you can't remember, you can request a copy of your last IRS return from the IRS.  It will show your Gross Income.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies