turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmann0327

How to change phone number in turbotax

I made a mistake and put the wrong phone number on my tax return. Can I change it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Have you already filed?
cmann0327

Yes

Did you efile and has your return been accepted?
cmann0327

Yes

I don't know of a way to change the phone number that was sent to the IRS.   There is an IRS address change form which has a slot for your phone number (optional) but you aren't really changing your address.   One can also phone the IRS for a change of address, but I don't know if they want people to contact them just for a phone number.

A phone number is not required on a tax return.  It's optional.  The IRS does not normally contact someone by phone for initial contact.   One should assume an initial phone call from the IRS is fake until proven otherwise.

See the answer the TurboTax support agent left in this other thread:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3854007-filled-in-wrong-phone">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3...>

You may get some more comments in this user community forum today.

To change your phone number you can sign into TurboTax  and go to

• My Account. 
  • Account Settings

This will open the Review and edit your account info page, where you can update your User ID, password, name, email, security question/answer, billing/shipping info, and payment information.

If you want to change the phone number on your Tax Return, you can go to the Personal Info tab and change your number there. 
snym5719

I cannot rest my password with your automated system as the cell number is WRONG.  I'm sent into a loop of the same page over and over.  To reset my password YOU have to let me access my profile and I cannot log in to do it.

Are there no humans to contact or do I have to start over with another tax software?

Steve

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@snym5719

This FAQ will provide you the steps to contact an agent.  
Contact Intuit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Madis8945

No , not yet but would like to put my W-2 a

Right now if possible to start my tax return's 

Madis8945

No , not yet have my w 2" available for you now if possible to start them now.

Just send a link for me to send then to you .

@Madis8945 wrote:

No , not yet have my w 2" available for you now if possible to start them now.

Just send a link for me to send then to you .

This is a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Customer Support.   We don't know anything about what you are doing or what you are planning/wanting to do.  And we also don't even know what TurboTax product you are using.  This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info here in the community forum.

Also, for your protection do NOT ask in this forum for a link to send any tax documents.   Someone could scam you to try to get your personal info.

Did you already choose a TurboTax product?  If so, what did you choose--a regular edition, such as Free, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed?  Or did you choose an upgraded product, such as Live Basic, Live Deluxe, Live Premier, Live Self-Employed?    The Live products include help from a CPA/EA tax expert during return preparation, and a review of your return prior to filing.

Are you planning to prepare your own return, or are you paying extra to have a tax expert prepare the whole thing  (i.e., a Live Full Service product)?

My phone number is [phone number removed]

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

To update your phone number on your TurboTax account, please follow the directions in the TurboTax link: How do I update my TurboTax account information?

@aydeet31

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies