turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clevrladi

Do you still search for my w2 from Walmart even though I'm not employed there right now? I am aware that Walmart is signed up for turbotax online?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Do you still search for my w2 from Walmart even though I'm not employed there right now? I am aware that Walmart is signed up for turbotax online?

TorboTax doesn't "search" for anything outside of the TurboTax program per-se. If the accounting service used by your particular employer participates in the online system for W-2's that TurboTax participates with, then you'll be able to download/import your W-2 when said W-2 is released by the payroll service for download/import.

This year we've made importing your info into TurboTax easier than ever before! You can successfully import your info directly from your employer. If TurboTax doesn't recognize your employer's EIN for any reason, you'll have the option to snap a photo of your W-2 using your smart phone.

Requirements to successfully import your W-2 directly from your employer

• Your payroll provider needs to be a TurboTax Import Partner (we determine this by your employer's EIN)
  • Your W-2 must be available for import – most are ready by February 1, and some are disabled after the April filing deadline
  • We'll need the Box 1 amount from your W-2
  • You can also use the YTD (Year to Date) gross income from your year-end paystub. More info
  • In some cases, we'll need the Box d Control Number from your W-2, but only if your payroll provider requires this for the import (not all of them do).

If you're unable to import directly from your employer, you'll have a chance to snap a picture of your W-2 using your smart phone camera.

Let's import your W-2!

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for W-2 (upper- or lower case, with or without the dash) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3.  W-2 screen will open. On this screen you can add, edit or delete as necessary.
  4. Enter the 9-digit Employer ID Number from your W-2, click Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions to import your W-2.
  5. If you're unable to import directly from your employer, you will then get an option to snap a picture of your W-2.

If you don't have your employer's EIN or would prefer to skip the import options, you can open a screen to manually enter the info from your W-2 instead.

Related Information:

GEN86141

Yes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies