turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yulyn-day

It says I am not entitled to efile one or more formsets. What does this mean

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GabiU
Level 15

Hello! Hopefully this helps 

I get the message "not entitled to efile one of more formsets". 

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will investigate your experience.
 Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Sign out, Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
  1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent
Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

54 Replies

This happens during the filing process, when the state preparation fee has not been paid for. Deleting the state and starting it over will resolve the issue. You will need to go through the complete state interview and review to then be prompted to purchase the State preparation fees in the "Review Your Order" screen. Once paid for and completed you will be able to e-file your state returns without error.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information and instructions on how to delete your State return in TurboTax Online:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

I had the same problem for 2020. The software wouldn't even let me efile federal alone. Had to delete state, restart, then pay state processing fee in order to file both together.

1_oakridge
Returning Member

I not sure what's wrong I was told to do an upgrade i did , i need to know what form I'm missing 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes.  It means that one or more forms aren't available yet to e-file.  The IRS are still finalizing some tax forms needed for electronic filing. On the upper right hand side of the screen, click Federal Review.to verify which form/s needed on your income tax return or check for errors.

The IRS will be accepting electronic filing on February 12, 2021.

See, federal forms availability, link.

obaidsani
Returning Member

Guys,

I had the same issue that I am not eligible to E file because of one or more formsets. 

Basically this means you have to pay Turbotax $40 NY state filing fee.  This is the fix to your problem.

The way to get to the payment option is just after completing your NY state taxes and keep going Next until you reach the end where your review everything one last time.

There are 3 steps and the first one says pay your NY state filing fee of $40.

Your welcome

That is NOT the answer to fix this because I am getting the same error message and I paid my $40 through paypal. It still won't let me efile.

obaidsani
Returning Member

I was able to file my taxes this morning after I paid the $40 fee. I paid my fee through a credit card. There were only two options to pay the fee. Option 1 was to pay by federal return . Option 2 was to pay by card.

I dont know how how you paid through paypal.

regards

i had to delete my state, file federal and then go back and file state. i had originally paid 40 for turbotax deluxe by credit card, it did not give me the option to pay the state filing fee when paying by credit card the first time. after you file federal go back and file state and pay the state filing fee. i had to go through the process multiple times before i realized i did not click "view forms" before it gave me the option to file state even after paying the state filing fee, even though i had viewed the entire return previously before deleting the state and starting over. turbotax needs to fix this so you can pay both at the same time if you elect to pay by card and not be charged the additional $40 to pay via your return.  if you elect to pay using your return it would have brought my total to 120 instead of the 80 i paid.   smh

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for letting us know. May I ask what state you are filing? 

Please respond back here when you are able for further assistance.  

I am having the same problem and I'm filing in Maine.

obaidsani
Returning Member

I am filing from NY. The reason for the problem was turbotax needed $40 Ny state filing fee. When i paid that i was able to e file both federal and state. 

I just upgraded to MAX, it worked, but had to pay $85, pretty annoying after my girlfriend filed for free, but at least it worked.

GabiU
Level 15

Hello! Hopefully this helps 

I get the message "not entitled to efile one of more formsets". 

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will investigate your experience.
 Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Sign out, Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
  1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent
Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.
MegsE2012

I'm getting the same message. I'm filling in WI. Already paid my fee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies