Jen-Linck

I requested an installment plan for paying my federal taxes. Will they use the bank account transfer for the first payment AND the installment payments or do i have to wr

Or do I have to write a check for the first installment? (I don't have any checks.)
Melaine

They will use the bank account you have included in your installment agreement.  You do not have to write a check.  The IRS usually debit the date you specify when you made the payment.  If you did not select a date, the IRS will withdraw the payment April 18th 2017.  If it is not taken by this time you may want to call the IRS customer service line at 1-800-829-1040 to inquire regarding the status.