Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

There was an error with validating your license code, please try again. Error code: 630

re: taxprinter.com

thanks volvo for your unpaid, volunteerism. you are an angel posting here on a tax accounting forum with your own free time. all the truncated and deprecated code. my mom doesn't know what a control panel is, no mom, just go into your usr/data/app/temp settings. are you even listening to me mom? no this is dead simple

to this internal revenue service, i hope your day goes terribly

There was an error with validating your license code, please try again. Error code: 630

thanks to all the intuit employees for trying to be helpful. i am sorry for my snarkiness. this is beyond dumb

sorry, we can't help you, we will give you a refund if you are noticeably upset. next please

FOUND A SOLUTION!!

This is a bit technical, but it worked!

https://cracked.io/Thread-Leak-How-to-manu[product key removed]Tax-2019

OMG!  The link works sometimes.

Here are the instructions directly from the site.

I suggest going to the site if you can.

I found this on another forum and wanted to post it here for you all - It's been tested and works:

Code:
CONFIRMED WORKING MANUAL METHOD as of 11/10/2023 (from another user, not the original post)

Install your turbotax
ACTIVATE WITHIN TURBO TAX, do NOT use updater that comes with package

then, follow these directions, MAKE SURE AND HIT "FILE CLOSE ALL" when you open the dll editing visual studio program, or it will give you all sorts of compilation errors when you compile

Here's some instructions I came up with, following the post from @corcoran, so you can self-crack the software after an update (Yes, you can leave on automatic updating now, just re-crack when it asks for activation!)

1. Install TT H&B 2019 and get the latest updates during setup. When it restarts and asks for activation, close the window
2. Download dnSpy-net###.zip from 0xd4d's GitHub at: github.com/0xd4d/dnSpy/releases
3. Extract dnSpy-net###.zip to a folder and run dnSpy.exe as administrator! (If you don't, it will not work)
4. In the dnSpy program, click on File -> Open. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2019\32bit" and click on "Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.dll" and click Open
5. The file will open and be highlighted in the left pane. Click on the arrow next to the file name in the left pane to expand the item. A purple item will show, click on the arrow to expand the menu
6. Find the yellow item labeled "Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.Activation" and click on it. A green item called "ProductActivationService" will show, click on it
7. A bunch of orange names will now show. Find the one called "IsProductActivationRequired() : bool" and right click on it. Click on the option that says "Edit Method (C#) ..."
8. A window with code will open. Within the code, delete lines 13-30 so that the method only shows

public bool IsProductActivationRequired()
{

return true;
}

9. In the code thats left, change "return true" to "return false"

10. At the bottom of the window, click "Compile" and the window will close
11. In the main window of dnSpy, click on File -> Save Module. A window will open, click on "OK"
12. Close the dnSpy program and run TT H&B 2019. Your product is now "Activated"

Hope this helps

Heres how to add more free states:

1. Save return and close TT
2. Navigate to "C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\TurboTax\TY19"
3. Delete "TTWinUserState.xml"
4. Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\TY19"
5. Delete "Entitlement_TTWin.xml"
6. Delete "Price_######.xml"
7. Open TT, if it asks for update, go ahead and do it
8. Switch to the state that says "See Amount", click on it and a window will open asking if you'd like to use your free state. Click "Yes". It will load and show you the state!

credit: oreos & RX7God from iptorrents

I did an internet search for 

"How to crack TurboTax 2019"

And it took me here:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+to+crack+turbotax+2019&cvid=de[phone number removed]869deb231864d9...

Which is where I found the hack.

Tetelesti

Intuit made me purchase 2019 from Amazon. License code doesn't work, error 630. They refunded me this morning. I'm not happy. I know in 3-5 days when I get my refund and purchase it again, I'll get the same error message. I know it. I've always used TurboTax but I'm going to find another software program to use now. I HATE Amazon globalists, part of The Rothschild Terrorist Monopoly. 

@Tetelesti TurboTax "made" you purchase 2019 from Amazon in November 2023 ?  That is because it is too late for you to use the 2019 TurboTax software.   TurboTax no longer provides 2019 software nor does TT support 2019.   Even if you find the software somewhere, you cannot get the updates for it now.  It is too late to receive a refund for a 2019 return; however, if you owe tax due you must pay the IRS/state(s) with penalties and interest.   Maybe you will find some software out there for 2019--but your refund--even if the tax forms show one-- has been forfeited.  

You could also just use the 2019 paper forms and prepare them by hand if your return is a simple one.

2019 Instructions

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040gi--2019.pdf

1040  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040--2019.pdf

1040SR  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040s--2019.pdf

2019 Schedules 1-3

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040s1--2019.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040s2--2019.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040s3--2019.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rwbo

This works !!  I could follow the instructions 1 to 12 (from KRWTX) fairly easily, and solved the problem within 10-15 minutes (after spending hours trying to find another solution).  Thanks to the people who posted and reposted this.  I can't believe Intuit has so little regard for their customers.   Note that you are editing and recompiling part of the program code after it is already installed on your hard disk (but not activated or running).  If you make an error you can just reinstall TT to restore the original program files. 

i also purchased a turbotax thing on ebay, same issue

freetaxusa.com has been a relatively smooth experience. i didn't have to crack open any software or use any shell commands to use it

irs used to send me threatening letters when i owed a few hundred dollars. but now, when i screwed up (in their favor) by 6 figures, no letters. just fines, penalties, interest. they know i screwed up and it's not in their interest to inform me. i'm just a social security number and they are just cogs in a machine

can't wait til every single transaction we do is taxed at the transaction level on a blockchain. my government would never abuse that type of power

Thank you! This worked.  I'll be saving this just in case I need it in the future.

ssqns

Thanks!!! this finally solved the problem. For anyone else trying the crack:

Just make sure that you disable internet in step 12, otherwise, TT will be updated and it would overwrite all the changes you did with DNSpy!!:

Instead of 12. Close the dnSpy program and run TT H&B 2019. Your product is now "Activated"

12. Close the dnSpy program, DISABLE INTERNET,  and run TT H&B 2019. Your product is now "Activated"

If TT asks to connect to internet just ignore and click on whatever option is available ( cancel or try again), it should open TT, then open a tax, or create a new one, in the menu row go to "Online", "Updater Preferences", and select "I do not have an internet connection, I want to get updates on my own".

13. You can enable Internet again. It won't update.

Yeah, it's not the software that is garbage, it is the company. This is an intentional decision by management to shaft all of the users who need to do anyting over 3 years old. I bought 2018 and 2019 over a year ago and did 2018. Now that I want to do 19, it won't validate. Error 630. I paid for Fed and State. In the interum, they decided I and the rest of you don't matter. I talked to customer service multiple times and all they will say is "we no longer support anything over 3 years old." I say, well, you didn't say anything about that when i bought the program. They will not give me any reason,  just same pre-programmed answer. So, I am looking at competitors, and I will never come back to this lying and thieving company. 

I thinkt he only thing they will respond to is a class action lawsuit. I also purchased 2019 last year and now I want to use it and it won't validate. They say they do not support anything over 3 years old. Better get your 2020 done if you need to, because it also will be dead on April 16.

nzrqv7

Thanks @KRWTX  This worked perfectly!!  😁

Product is activated and fully updated.  

Thanks again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies