Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

There was an error with validating your license code, please try again. Error code: 630

Funny, my 2019 code worked at InstallTurboTax.com, where Intuit says "Enter your license code to confirm your purchase and retrieve your download."  Intuit accepted the code from the CD box then and gave me the 2019 software to download.  However, when the software asked for the *exact same code*, the code is now rejected and the software is useless.  

Clearly they have the codes still saved in their computer system somewhere but they refuse to either (a) authorize re-installed software or (b) eliminate the need for an authorization code.  Instead they make their software useless. They intentionally "brick" it.

This is a reminder that one size does not fit all.  There is still a need for people to use TurboTax even if refunds are not possible (which is what the 3-year deadline is about).

P.S. I have a Mac.  I will have to see if there is a hack for that.

There was an error with validating your license code, please try again. Error code: 630

@Philippine Wanderer wrote:

There is still a need for people to use TurboTax even if refunds are not possible (which is what the 3-year deadline is about).

As mentioned earlier in this thread, editions prior to 2019 (which do not utilize a code) still function. 

It would be great if Intuit could simply remove the need for an authorization code for software that is no longer supported (such as 2019) but that may require a rewrite. 

I read all the advice given below but none worked... called the tech support and was told point blank that support for 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 etc has been REMOVED. Permanently. No reason given why. I asked how could I redo my 2020 and 2019 and 2018 tax returns if the I cannot use the product. I was told they would refund me the money and asked for my email. They emailed me a refund form. Will see if I get the money back. Moving to the competition, HR Block here we come again. I am beyond words after being an Intuit customer from Day1 - back when they were a spreadsheet. Cancelling my subscription and moving on.

@TuuurboSwindle2020 wrote:

I asked how could I redo my 2020 and 2019 and 2018 tax returns......

Hopefully, you are not owed refunds for those years because if that is the reason you intend to "redo" the returns for those years, you will not receive the refunds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies