turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No option for two factor authentication with Google authenticator

TurboTax instructions say that it is possible to use two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator.  However, then I go through setup, only authentication by phone (voice or text) is offered. How do I find where to turn on Google Authenticator?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There must have been a problem with the website. Now it is possible to turn on Google Authentication. A) Click Security, B) turn on 2-step verification. C) At this point, only phone verification is offered. D) Turn on, pretending you want to turn on phone verification. E) App Verification is now offered at the bottom of the next screen -- although it was not there the past 2 days. Follow step 3 and beyond in the instructions at https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2903072-how-do-i-opt-in-to-two-step-verification-with-google-authe....

How do I use Google Authenticator with the TurboTax two-step verification feature? Suggestion to TurboTax. App verification should be offered at step C, i.e. so that it is not hidden ...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There must have been a problem with the website. Now it is possible to turn on Google Authentication. A) Click Security, B) turn on 2-step verification. C) At this point, only phone verification is offered. D) Turn on, pretending you want to turn on phone verification. E) App Verification is now offered at the bottom of the next screen -- although it was not there the past 2 days. Follow step 3 and beyond in the instructions at https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2903072-how-do-i-opt-in-to-two-step-verification-with-google-authe....

How do I use Google Authenticator with the TurboTax two-step verification feature? Suggestion to TurboTax. App verification should be offered at step C, i.e. so that it is not hidden ...

YogeshC

Hi Teng0,

Please find detailed instructions on how to set up and use two-factor authentication with Google. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2903072-how-do-i-opt-in-to-two-step-verification-with-google-authe...

Hope this helps!

The instructions are clear (and similar to those at, say, gmail), but you cannot implement them at point 6. No option is offered for Google Authenticator when you try to set up two-factor authentication for Turbotax Online. HasTurbotax removed the option, without changing the instructions?

Sorry, the problem occurs earlier at step 2, “Click the Turn on Google Authenticator button”. That button does NOT exist when you  try to turn on 2-step verification!
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies