• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abidbogra

There is some costs (like phone bill, web hosting cost) for having 1099-MISC income. Where I can put this deductions. Please let me know. Thanks.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Carl
Level 15

There is some costs (like phone bill, web hosting cost) for having 1099-MISC income. Where I can put this deductions. Please let me know. Thanks.

You'll report your 1099-MISC income on a SCH C. As far as the IRS is concerned, income reported on a 1099-MISC in box 3 or 7 is self-employment income that was earned by you while in business for yourself. So that's dealt with under the Business tab in the Business Income & Expenses (SCH C) section. just work through the business section and you'll be asked for all that stuff.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

You'll report your 1099-MISC income on a SCH C. As far as the IRS is concerned, income reported on a 1099-MISC in box 3 or 7 is self-employment income that was earned by you while in business for yourself. So that's dealt with under the Business tab in the Business Income & Expenses (SCH C) section. just work through the business section and you'll be asked for all that stuff.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v